RE: [Epic] Razor wire/fortifications

From: James <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 07:48:09 -0400

Sauron1 writes; I have used a similar method to make Epic scale razorwire=

but I used metal screen window mesh cut into individual strips and coilled=

around a small metal rod.The rest of the process is the same.By the
way,fr=
om my experience coilled barbed wire can get caught up in tank treads
rathe=
r well and is a real "bugger' to get out.Didn,t slow us down at first
but i=
t jammed up in the drive sprockets a little later and draggee along
half th=
e local terrain with us! It was our perimiter wire too! RSM was not
amused!=

Ouch. Maybe a 5cm penaltie for tracked vehicals :). Actually, that migh=
t make an effective weapon. One of the main ways infantry would kill tanks =
in WWII was sneak up behind them and stick on gernades, throw gasoline on i=
t, ect. Hard to do that with a large V of razor wire behind it.
----------=
-------------------------
"Your incorrect assumptions are threefold."
"You =
assume law still reigns in the Five Galaxies"
"You assume that we would be =
bound by precedents and precepts from the last 10 million years."
"But your=
 most incorrect assumption of all is to assume that we care."
                                        -David=
 Brin, Infinity's Shore