[Epic] Blast markers & ranges

From: Philip Troy Routley <ptr320_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 03:01:57 -0600 (CST)

Let's see if I have this right.

1) I have a detachment of 3 landraiders and 3 vindicators with 3 blast
markers on it.

  a) 40 cm away is an enemy detachment I wish to shoot at. My 6 AT shots
are in range, but are reduced by the blast markers to 3 AT shots

  b) an enemy det. is 40 cm away, and another is 10 cm away. I apply my
blast markers to the vindicators and shoot at the closer det. with FP 6 and
the further with 6 AT shots - effectively getting doing more damage to the
further det. just because a there is one that is closer.

  c) an enemy det. is 40 cm away, and a friendly det. is 10 cm away. What
if one vindicator shoots at the friendly det. with (3 - 3) 0 FP, just so
all 6 AT shots can be applied to the enemy? (Cheesy yes, but it is just an
extension of (b).

I started thinking about this when I considered Shadowsword SHV's and how 1
BM stops the death ray gunner from shooting until the sponson gunners are
in range.

It seems to be more logical to have BM's reduce maximum FP, but then it
would be to cheap to take vehicles like hellhounds just to soak BM's...

Troy