Re: [Epic] Heroes and Dogs of War

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 1997 09:46:47 -0400

Erik K. Rutins wrote:

> > All of Sean's stories here are from 2nd edition.
> > hence the reference to the Squat's Rad Bomb (but that
> > point about 'stealers is certainly still valid). The
> > biker guild was the Squat bike company. Squat bikes were
> > the toughest around, and there were a ton of them.
> > Sounds like the squat player's luck was off that day.
>
> I figured that was about it. Sheesh, I don't even want to think about
> having a single stealer eating any of my detachments, not to mention a
> numerous and tough one.

        Well, a single stealer eating most of a bikers
guild is pretty unlikely. I'm assuming there were Hive
Mind cards involved.

> > One of the old one-shots missiles that got lumped
> > into the current Vortex missile. If you hit an enemy
> > titan with one there was a chance you would get control of
> > that titan.
>
> So a reaver assumed control over an Imperator? Wow. I'm even more
> impressed. Did this missile ignore shields?

        No, it might have actually been useful if it
did, though (the only really good one-shot in the game
was the barrage missile). It only worked on Imperial-
type titans, was only one shot, couldn't go through
shields, and there were a series of rolls to see if it
actually managed to take control of the titan or not
(even if it did get control, there was a chance it
would cease to function every turn). Pretty risky.
Of course, when you actually manage to take over an
Imperator with one, the risks seem almost worth it...

Scott
shupes_at_...