RE: [Epic] -Chaos- Tactic Critique

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 09:09:51 -0500

Meant to reply to this earlier...

>> > -----> Never firing indirect means they don't scatter. 6 barrage
>> > missiles with the flexibility of all-at-once or staggered is a handy
>> > ability. How many turns do your games typically last? How many
>> > shots is any particular weapons battery going to get off, at one per
>> > turn? I'm not saying the cannons aren't good- I use 2 batteries
>> > in pretty much every game-but I dont see that one replaces
>> > the other.
>>
> My Chaos Marines always used at least 1 pair of Warhounds, usually 2
> pairs. All with Titan MRLs. That's 8 Barrages each turn for 1000 pts,
> rather better than a Banelord.
>
>--
>aebrain_at_... <> <> How doth the little Crocodile
>| Alan & Carmel Brain| xxxxx Improve his shining tail?
>| Canberra Australia | xxxxxHxHxxxxxx _MMMMMMMMM_MMMMMMMMM
>100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo oo oo oo
> By pulling MAERKLIN Wagons, in 1/220 Scale
>See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture

------> This is distinctly underhanded and sneaky. 4 Warhound
Bombards...

It's the 4th Light Bombardment Division...
These artillery guys are a little more calm when the Goffs get thru
their
screening troops and charge...
        I would say they are a little fragile - but at 3 hits each minimum, 4
together
take more than a Banelord...
        I would say sitting 4 Warhounds back and barraging away is kind of a
waste,
>but 8 barrages...
        You are drastically limiting your options, but 8 barrages...
        And they probably live longer doing this than their usual assault scout
        role...
        Gonna have to try this out...

        (If they only had the options in E40K also...)

Chris Miller