Re: [Epic] Net Epic Gudelines

From: Simon Dodds <c9415355_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 13:58:47 +1100 (EST)

>>FIRST TOPIC
>>1-Army construction, present system(company cards,etc.) or a individual
>>model points system(each figure assigned a point value), WHAT STAYS OR
>>GOES!
>
>Personally I don't know which to choose. I like the card based-sytem as it
>sets the force as means that min-maxing is minimised. But I also like the
>idea of a customised force. But I think I still like the idea of the cards.
>Simple and effective.

The cards still say yes to me. The capacity for unfairness is greatly
reduced. But I too would like to see aspects of customisation. In AT (thanks
peter) there was a WD supplement that had rules for upgrading your tanks -
eg. fitting demolition charges to Predators. Upgrade options like this would
be welcomed here. Purchasing a special skill for HQ units would make them a
lot more useful and important than they currently are (just look at the SM
commander who does next to nothing) Not every unit should have the option of
these upgrades - perhaps 1 or 2 per big army card.

>>2-Order Phase,What will each of the orders mean in terms of movement and
>>firing.First Fire, Advance, Charge, Fallback
>
>I like the orders the way they stand! Simple and effective with some
>realism. I would like to see the return of SnapFire in its Adeptus
>Titanicus form, but am content to use the current version.

A feature that appealed to me in AT was that you could choose not to reveal
the order until you actually used it. Why should you know what your opponent
is going to do before you move? I have never actually played it this way so
feel free to comment.

Also, the Repair order for Titans might make sense (not move but add +1 to
all repair rolls). Naturally you wouldn't be needing this all that often but
it would be handy for Titans soon to bite the big one.

doddsy

Simon Dodds
c9415355_at_...
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/1353/

"I don't need to see the world through rose-coloured glasses, for my
        eyes are naturally bloodshot."