Re: [Epic] Who is the elusive Sauron1?

From: Paul Collins <pcollins_at_...>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 11:22:51 +1000

----------
> From: Philip Troy Routley <ptr320_at_...>
> To: space-marine_at_...
> Subject: [Epic] Who is the elusive Sauron1?
> Date: Saturday, August 02, 1997 6:59 AM
>
> >Sauron1 writes; That is how I startted out.I wrote Historical artticles
> >for the early Dragon magazines after I critisized a castle layout to
Gygax
> >himself at an early Gen-Con. He said if I really new my stuff I should
> >submit an article.I did one on Bards and Trubidours ( they were two
> >different traveling styles of entertainers,mainly on there method of
story
> >delivery)About thirty historical articles followed over the years.
> >

> Its rather interesting trying to piece together info on a person from a
> bunch of short letters from that person.
>
> Here's what we know about sauron1 (assuming he hasn't been telling us
lies)
> (note that some of these are guesses or interpolations):
>
> 1) He is/was in the army - armor company to be specific. Is he an
enlisted
> or officer?
Blow up by an RSM would indicate that he probably was enlisted at the time
(Although An Australian RSM (RSM Payne of 8/7 RVR for the local's) severly
Chewed out a visiting American General for Spitting on HIS parade ground!
Publicaly! )

> 2) He lives/lived in Michigan.
Wasn't there some reference to him living in Canada at the moment

> 3) He has been involved with gaming since at least the early 70's
>
> 4) He either has a post-secondary education and/or is involved in the
> Society for Creative Anachronism.
SCA most likely but there are others.