[Epic] Who is the elusive Sauron1?

From: Philip Troy Routley <ptr320_at_...>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 14:59:42 -0600 (CST)

>Sauron1 writes; That is how I startted out.I wrote Historical artticles
>for the early Dragon magazines after I critisized a castle layout to Gygax
>himself at an early Gen-Con. He said if I really new my stuff I should
>submit an article.I did one on Bards and Trubidours ( they were two
>different traveling styles of entertainers,mainly on there method of story
>delivery)About thirty historical articles followed over the years.

Its rather interesting trying to piece together info on a person from a
bunch of short letters from that person.

Here's what we know about sauron1 (assuming he hasn't been telling us lies)
(note that some of these are guesses or interpolations):

1) He is/was in the army - armor company to be specific. Is he an enlisted
or officer?

2) He lives/lived in Michigan.

3) He has been involved with gaming since at least the early 70's

4) He either has a post-secondary education and/or is involved in the
Society for Creative Anachronism.

5) He is in his 40's

I wonder how close I have come...

Troy