Re: [Epic] DAEMON PRIMARCHS/PRINCES

From: Oki Purwanto <oki_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 01:58:34 +0800

At 02:28 PM 8/4/97 +0100, you wrote:
>According to the fluff in the Chaos Codex for 40K, the most powerful of the
>Daemon breeds are the Daemon Princes.

Yup, you are right there. In Chaos Codex own words,

"Daemonic Legions are led by a Daemon Prince. These incredibly powerful
entities are the most trusted of all the followers of the Chaos Gods, and
are amongst the most deadly creatures found anywhere in the Warhammer 40k
universe...."

"Greater Daemons are second only to the Daemons Princes in the Pantheon of
Chaos Creatures..."

>Primarchs are IIRC somewhere between the GDs and the Princes.

Yup, but what about Daemon Primarchs :) ? A really obsessive and fervent
Chaos worshipper can rise to become a Daemon Prince. Not bad for a mere
mortal, huh ?

Now a properly armed and equipped Primarch (Sanguinius) can withstand/take
out a Greater Daemon (Khorne's). Just imagine what kind of power the
Primarch will have, once the Chaos Gods augmented their powers.

>Some of the stats and abilities of the Daemon
>Princes in 40K are truly horrific. For those in the know they will
>understand the fear that a Daemon Prince of Nurgle with T8 and 18!!! wounds
>would instill in an opponent.

Nothing a vortex grenade cannnot handle.... heh, heh, heh. Still it does get
kinda scary.

>I reckon Daemon Princes and Primarchs did get a bum deal from the Epic40K
>release and just as soon as I have some time I will attmpt to rectify it
>with some house rules (honest!).

Agree with you there. Do get working on it.

>Cheers,
>Colin
>
>P.S. Why hasn't Scott with his unparalleled knowledge of the Eye of Terror
>not already enlightened us about these guys? I'd trust Scott's word (Chaos
>traitor though he is) before mine any day!

Huh ? He is engaging in some Slaaneshi rituals ? Duck.... >:-P

Regards
Oki