RE: [Epic] Hero of the Day

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 12:07:41 -0500

>My hero is my Librarians Rhino. Here's what happened,
>
>Phantom Titan is advancing down one flank towards the few Marine Scout
>stands,
>Robots and the command Land Raider. The Phantom has already lost his
>holo-fields to a Vortex Missile hit. I've now pretty much run out of things
>kill it with, so I decide to let my Librarian try to Mind Blast it.
>
>He parks his Rhino next to the Titans feet and runs into a building
>overlooking
>the Phantom. I figured that I may as well let the Rhino fire even though the
>chance of it doing any damage is pretty miniscule. I rolled a 6 and no
>deviation on the aim dice, then he failed a 2+ save and rolled a 6 for
>damage!
>Titan topples over crushing a Warlock, how I laughed.
>
>My other Rhinos seem to be doing pretty well at the moment, in the next
>battle
>against Squats this time, three Rhinos from my Devastator Company were
>attacked
>in close combat by four Squat bikers, the Rhinos killed three bikers for the
>loss of only one Rhino, thus holding an objective and giving me enough VP's
>win.
>
> DSK

----> It's the Vorpal Rhino !!!
        Doesn't it seem like Rhinos, as much as they suck, as universally
ripped as
they have been, just come out and surprise you sometimes? It may be
because there
are so many of them (the M113 of the 40th Mil) but at least once a
battle, it seems
like a lowly rhino would either kill something it really shouln't have,
or just flat refuse to
die. My falcons never really did that, nor did my battlewagons, but the
rhinos usually
managed an upset -one group of 3 that had just deployed some marines
managed to
break a chaos marine detach that charged them -of course they didn't use
cards -
who needs cards against rhinos?- by killing 3 of them. Just seems like a
weird rhino
thing...(OK granted, I haven't seem one wax a titan before, but in 40K
there is that
wargear card for "armor-piercing ammo" or "master crafted
bolt-pistol"...)

Chris Miller