Re: [Epic] Who is the elusive Sauron1?

From: Sauron1 <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 16:48:45 -0400

----------
> From: Paul Collins <pcollins_at_...>
> To: space-marine_at_...
> Subject: Re: [Epic] Who is the elusive Sauron1?
> Date: August 3, 1997 9:22 PM
>

> ----------
> > From: Philip Troy Routley <ptr320_at_...>
> > To: space-marine_at_...
> > Subject: [Epic] Who is the elusive Sauron1?
> > Date: Saturday, August 02, 1997 6:59 AM
> >
> > >Sauron1 writes; That is how I startted out.I wrote Historical
artticles
> > >for the early Dragon magazines after I critisized a castle layout to
> Gygax
> > >himself at an early Gen-Con. He said if I really new my stuff I should
> > >submit an article.I did one on Bards and Trubidours ( they were two
> > >different traveling styles of entertainers,mainly on there method of
> story
> > >delivery)About thirty historical articles followed over the years.
> > >

> > Its rather interesting trying to piece together info on a person from a
> > bunch of short letters from that person.
> >
> > Here's what we know about sauron1 (assuming he hasn't been telling us
> lies)
> > (note that some of these are guesses or interpolations):
> >
> > 1) He is/was in the army - armor company to be specific. Is he an
> enlisted
> > or officer?
> Blow up by an RSM would indicate that he probably was enlisted at the
time
> (Although An Australian RSM (RSM Payne of 8/7 RVR for the local's)
severly
> Chewed out a visiting American General for Spitting on HIS parade ground!

> Publicaly! )
> >
> > 2) He lives/lived in Michigan.
> Wasn't there some reference to him living in Canada at the moment
> >
> > 3) He has been involved with gaming since at least the early 70's
> >
> > 4) He either has a post-secondary education and/or is involved in the
> > Society for Creative Anachronism.
> SCA most likely but there are others.
> >
> > 5) He is in his 40's
> >
> > I wonder how close I have come...
> >
> > Troy

Sauron1 writes;This CANADIAN was never in the military {just had to wear
the suit to pass}I have spent most of my life in the "electonic
survelence"field.My handle"sauron1"is really a job description.Now the one
benifit of the new tecnology is that I can do my work from driving distance
of where I live in stead of tracking all over the globe like I use to do
when I was younger! By the way if some of you happen to know how to track
people from their posts on the "net".I would not belleave all you find. You
are playing in MY YARD there! Anyway why do you care? I trade fairly on the
group and have five packs of Epic metal here ready to send out to the
people who requestted them,knowing they will send me the money when they
get the packages. sauron1