Re: [Epic] My Marines

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 18:31:57 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 5-Aug-97 RE: [Epic] My Marines by "Miller, Chris"_at_uniden.c
> >Black armor with red shoulder pads looks good, but how the hell do I paint
> >my tanks (Land Raider body black with red sponsons.)
[snip]

> ----> Speaking with the bloody stump of experience, try quartering it.
[snip]

If you have access to a copy of Armies of the Imperium, they have some
nice ideas for what you can do to tanks with just two colors. Most of
them involove wavy or jagged lines of varying thicknesses, but they do
come out well. (Well, depending on your colors. Black & red should
work, unlike some colors I've seen.)

Just to list the names: Zig-zag, Y-stripes, patches, stripes, wavy
stripes, bands, jagged stripes, jagged stripes with insets (a third
color).

Of course, all these are camo patterns, which are antithetical to
Marines, but as long as you keep the colors red & black it should be OK.
^_-

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...