[Epic] Um, just one more wuestion, honest!

From: <csalvato_at_...>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 97 11:14:15

All of the Ork detachments list a chain of command which does *not* end in "any
other unit". For instance:

Ork Warband: Warboss>Nobz>Orks
Ork Kult of Speed: Warboss>Battlewagons>Buggies/Bikez>Nobz
Ork Warlord: Warlord>Nobz>Orks

Orks are the *only* army in which the detachments do not default to "any other
unit". Thus the question arises:

What happens if, by some quirk, the only units left are units which are not
listed on the chain of command:

a) The detachment is permanently "out-of-command"
b) The detachment simply does not have a command unit
c) The Ork detachment sheets are a typo, and any other unit may take over.

Examples:

Ork Warband with only a squiggoth and two gretchin stands remaining
Ork Kult of Speed with 3 Speedstas and a Flakwagon
Ork Warlord with only two Stompas remaining

I suspect that this is a typo, and would like to suggest that this go into the
next Q&A list sent to GW.

So far, this has only come up once, and we played as if answer (c) was correct.
Opinions? Comments? Rules references to set me straight?

Chris