Re: [Epic] Epic 40k rumours

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 11:11:38 -0600

At 09:21 01/29/1997 +0800, you wrote:

>1. Epic 40k might be released in about a month time ahead of schedule,
>previously thought to be in March/April.

Egads! I hope not. Their products are poorly playtested as it is. If they
get this out a month early they will miss a good six months of playtest time
they would have following their normal procedures.

> Squats are not to be included at this moment, he mentioned that they
>are working on it in conjunction with the Codex Squats.

Why would they bother with a new race for 40k? I can't imagine why they
would do that when they haven't fixed the squats yet. So much potential,
so little effort by GW . . .

>No additional supplements are necessary for the individual army (no Armies
>of Imperium, Tyranids, Renegades etc)

Read "are necessary." You don't need Renegades, Warlords or Armies to play
with just the boxed set either . . .

>4. New, better looking, pricier models are ready for distribution.

Pricier? No, surely not!

Temp