[Epic] Epic 40k rumours

From: <oki_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 09:21:21 +0800

Garbled transmission....

"To the High Lords of Terra,
During my conservation with certain members (of Trollish origin, hereby to
be known as Troll) from a maleficient, insidious and secretive gaming
company (widely rumoured to be also a defence contractor to the Imperium), I
was able to obtain the following information.

1. Epic 40K might be launched in about a month's time, unleasing
widespread chaos and uncertainty ahead of its previous scheduled date. I
would urge that the Imperium prepare itself for not just on military front
but also on the economic front.

2. This assault, co-ordinated by the above-mentioned gaming company
will come in the form of several massively strikes coming from at least four
different fronts. The strike force will consists of Chaos, Tyranids, Eldar,
Orks. I would recommend that all SM chapters, IG companies be put on war
footing on this coming onslaught. He did not mention anything about the
Titan Legions, something

The strike force will come in approximately four massive waves, on a monthly
basis. Each wave will consist largely of the same race composition, though
each race will be joined by smaller contigents from some other races.

The Troll commented that they have been able to shut out the Squats, as
their allegiance cannot be determined at this time and their army battle
formation are currently undergoing restructuring. He expects the Squats to
join in halfway through the campaign though.

The Troll was adamantly silent on the subject of the mysterious race - also
believed to the next "greatest threat to the Imperium of Mankind". Even my
attempts of invoking the names of the Primarchs only drew a resounding
silence response.

3. The Troll maintained that the gaming company will strive to not make
special offers on their old stocks of defence materials. I have heard from
other sources that the company has started taking back its old, unused but
still functional tanks, super heavies, Titans at a heavily discounted price
with the intent of melting it down so as to be able to recast them into
newer pricier models. The Troll however was open to doing discount, but only
if the order is for large quantity.

4. The Troll states that the gaming company/ defence contractor has
already amassed a significant amount of new variants of the existing tanks,
superheavies, Titans. He said the company will probably price them higher,
as these new variants looks cooler/ swankier (?). Hear say from other
sources seemed to confirm this. He was silent though when I enquired to the
effectiveness of the new variants.

I would urge that the High Lords take all measures and prepare the Imperium
for what seems to be the biggest battle for the next four years.

Yours truly
Inquisitor d'Rumourer

p.s. In this case I am not making sense, here's the deal. I talked to a GW
mailorder representative yesterday and came off with the following info.

1. Epic 40k might be released in about a month time ahead of schedule,
previously thought to be in March/April.

2. The release will be a stand alone box, with 7 army lists. But when I
went over the list, we came up with six -IG, SM, Chaos, Tyranids, Eldar,
Orks. Squats are not to be included at this moment, he mentioned that they
are working on it in conjunction with the Codex Squats.

No additional supplements are necessary for the individual army (no Armies
of Imperium, Tyranids, Renegades etc) but a supplement box on psychic might
(not confirmed presently) come out.

The majority of the models will be released on monthly basis and grouped
according to their affliation/ race.

No news on the mysterious race that will be coming to WH40K.

3. No special offer on their old Epic stocks, though GWUK might be open
to a deal involving large qtty.

4. New, better looking, pricier models are ready for distribution.

I treat this just as rumours - even though it came from a GWUK mail order
person - and would not want to put any money on the veracity of the info
listed above. But I thought some of the list members might want to start
saving even now :-)

Regards
Oki