Re: [Epic] Terrain question...

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 13:04:31 -0700 (PDT)

> > As for using the stuff in both scales? Well, a mighty river in EPIC would
> >be little more than a rivulet in 40K terms, but I'm sure you'll come up
> >with a satisfying compromise.
> >
> >Nickles
> >
> I got it, I have an idea. Have cut every river part in half lengthways. Make
> sure when you build it that the river is an even height in the middle. You
> can then add a piece of board that has just river on it (Not back, just
> river) that can be placed inbetween the two halfs to widen the river.
> Because it is just flat water all you need is a flat board and whatever you
> do to make water (Such as painting it a deep blue the building up layers of
> varnish.
>
> True every river will have two lines running down it (Or one for epic scale)
> but it will work and will hardly be noticable. Besides, all modular terrain
> has lines in it.

The scale of the river is irrelevant, If you look at the size of a river
near it's delta, then it could be 20-30' wide in epic scale. The purpose
of a river is just terrain variety. The width is irrelevant to the scale.
A fast stream in 40K works well, and doubles as a raging river in E40K
which then requires a bridge point.
Steve

--
When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of