RE: [Epic] Interesting Orky Tactic...

From: Matt Starling <mstarling_at_...>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 15:09:34 -0700

I think I may be reading the rules wrong here; could somebody please clarif=
y. It seems in the below tactic, the idea is to have part of the detachmen=
t well in advance of the rest of the detachment in order for the guys in ba=
ck to shoot WAY long range measuring distance from the guys in front. For =
instance, the scouts 60 cm in front of the HQ unit and Devastators 30 cm be=
hind the HQ unit. The Devastators are shooting 45 cm beyond the Scout scre=
en in front. This just doesn't sound right. I've been playing each indivi=
dual unit in a detachment measures from their own stand the distance to the=
 target enemy detachment. As long as at least one of your units in a detac=
hment is in range of an enemy detachment, your detachment can shoot at the =
enemy detachment, but only those units in your detachment that are within r=
ange. Which way is correct?