Re: [Epic] Hero of the Day

From: Sauron1 <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 23:09:14 -0400

----------
> From: Bill Provick <bprovick_at_...>
> To: space-marine_at_...
> Subject: Re: [Epic] Hero of the Day
> Date: August 6, 1997 8:28 PM
>

> >Sauron1 writes;I give Rhinos with spikes on the bows the same CC factor
as
> >the ork tanks with spikes in my campaign game.his gives the new
whirlwind
> >models a good self defence tactic. sauron1
> >
> A couple of questions Cowboy, what is the CC factor for ork tanks with
> spikes, and doesn't that reflect the fact that orks are crazy enough to
run
> over armored units, or have additional weapons.
>
> Which reminds me, on furthur examination of my rhinos, I noticed they had
> two bolters attached to them. So obviously they can shoot. Now, if 4
bolters
> and a Missle Launcher equal 1 Firepower, then maybe 3 rhinos should equal
1
> firepower.
>
> It is obvious that this is why they are given no assault and no
firepower. I
> think I'm gonna let it go for the sake of clearity. I think the game is
> balanced so that if Rhinos had 1 firepower, then armies that have access
> them would be too powerfull.
>
> Tyler
> William Gibson Fan

Sauron1 writes;Tyler,I play Epic2nd.The only rhinos I have with a bow rake
are the new Whirlwind models,and they have no bolters mounted.Regular
rhinos have a 0 close assault factor but 1 attack dice for a 6+hit. So I
have to detail some SM troops to protect them.Its just fun to try to run
over a couple of stands of Eldar or Orks when they don,t expect it.(BTW
original rhino drawings always showed them with the hedge cutters but they
never made any models with them on) Cowboy?in what way? sauron1