[Epic] quoting articles, picture question

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 14:01:50 -0500

> I'm sorry, I was originally on a fairly strict list that didn't like people
> who didn't snip. If you didn't, you got a private E-mail telling you to
> snip. Maybe I should do that from now on, maybe they'll think I'm a Johnson,
> and listen.

I occasionally remind people here to snip messages, especially when
they just add one line to it. But since I'm nobody special here, and
we really keep a pretty friendly tone here, I always try to make it
just that, a reminder. Your tactics may be more noticed and remembered,
but it also might give you a less-than-friendly image, which might
carry over to on-topic conversations.

Private messages are good, just try to keep 'em civil. I have asked
folks about things like quoting articles (so we can see who says what),
snipping quotes, and hitting return at the end of lines, so I don't
have to scroll left-to-right to read the darn things. Those have
been pretty civil, and I hope I didn't make the other people
uncomfortable.

It is in your own interest to follow these things, by the way, if
other people read the way I do. If I have to work at reading an
article, I'll sometimes skip it, and regret not having the time to
sort out what the author had to say.

For more interesting content, maybe:
I'm hoping to put finishing touches on some models this weekend.
They are nothing special--I do a base coat, wash, a few details, and
a little drybrushing. Lately I've been having lots more success
with the shading wash. Instead of thinning my paint with just water,
I'm thinning it with water and a matte clear coat. It has really
helped, and was suggested by someone on a newsgroup. Before I just
got dirty vehicles, but now I've got very nice detail lines around
the model's features.

I'm going to try to get some pictures, taken using a camera on a
computer here at work. The question is, does anybody want to see
other people's paint jobs when they aren't something special? I
wouldn't think about painting skulls on shoulder pads, or any kind
of symbol. But I'm proud of them, just because they're better
than anything I've done before. I'd have to send 'em to someone
with a website for temporary display, but I don't know whether it
is worth it if my paint jobs aren't beyond the norm.

I will have some terrain I'll be happy to show off some day, though.

thanks,
andy
askinner_at_...

andy