Re: [Epic] quoting articles, picture question

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 23:38:49 +0200 (MET DST)

<Snipped the bit about snipping...>

>For more interesting content, maybe:
>I'm hoping to put finishing touches on some models this weekend.
>They are nothing special--I do a base coat, wash, a few details, and
>a little drybrushing. Lately I've been having lots more success
>with the shading wash. Instead of thinning my paint with just water,
>I'm thinning it with water and a matte clear coat. It has really
>helped, and was suggested by someone on a newsgroup. Before I just
>got dirty vehicles, but now I've got very nice detail lines around
>the model's features.
>
>I'm going to try to get some pictures, taken using a camera on a
>computer here at work. The question is, does anybody want to see
>other people's paint jobs when they aren't something special? I
>wouldn't think about painting skulls on shoulder pads, or any kind
>of symbol. But I'm proud of them, just because they're better
>than anything I've done before. I'd have to send 'em to someone
>with a website for temporary display, but I don't know whether it
>is worth it if my paint jobs aren't beyond the norm.

I think it's worth it for several reasons:

1. It is quite likely that some others on the list produce paint jobs below
the norm (I would say that _I_ do...) and people like that (me) might very
well look at your stuff and say "cool if I try this technique, that's what I
can expect".

2. People who do produce "above the norm" might be nice enough to offer
helpful hints. (It continues to amaze me how simple some things are once
you know how...)

(OK that's only TWO reasons... :-)

Agro