Re: [Epic] quoting articles, picture question

From: Bill Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 23:04:37 -0400

<snip>
>I'm going to try to get some pictures, taken using a camera on a
>computer here at work. The question is, does anybody want to see
>other people's paint jobs when they aren't something special? I
>wouldn't think about painting skulls on shoulder pads, or any kind
>of symbol. But I'm proud of them, just because they're better
>than anything I've done before. I'd have to send 'em to someone
>with a website for temporary display, but I don't know whether it
>is worth it if my paint jobs aren't beyond the norm.
>
>I will have some terrain I'll be happy to show off some day, though.
>
>thanks,
>andy
>askinner_at_...

Yes, I would love to see your paint jobs. It's good to be proud, and
remember, when you are holding the miniature up to the light, and you notice
tiny mistakes, then your looking to hard. The mini's are designed to be used
on the table tops, and lot great on the table tops, without any major paint
job. As for your terrain, I like terrain that is easy to make, so be sure to
include instructions. (Even if it's hard to make)

As for content, well, I can't say anything about never pissing people off, I
suspect I'll be eating a lot of bootleather and crow. No one should take it
upon themselves to decide if letters are boring, just that even re-reading
interesting stuff can be boring, and as you said, people pick up the habit
of skipping things that don't interest them. Form instance, on another
mailing list I would only read the subjects that I though interesting, and
thus missed many off-topic remarks. I don't want to do this again, and all
it takes is a little patience on my part.

That of course, has next to nothing to do with snipping, but re-naming
articles. I think I'll end here

Tyler