RE: [Epic] Airstrip card/terrain idea

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 14:51:31 -0500

> Well, is <snip>ing really necessary? On my E-mail (MS Exchange), it shows
> by this symbol: > or >> or even >>> for a third generation which message

Yes, I can see these as well. However, I will agree with Tyler that it
is incredibly annoying to have to scroll past two pages of >'s just to
get to the part of the message that is new. Especially if a page
and a half of the >'s doesn't even have anything to do with the part
of the message that is new. I doubt that anyone is going to hunt you
down and kick you off of the list if you don't snip, but the minimal
amount of extra effort that you take to do so will be greatly
appreciated by all.

Incidentally, every message you send comes through with this
stuff at the end:

> M>)\^(_at_02`0:0" `$```````!``$``0>0!@`(````Y 0```````#H``$-@ 0`
> M`_at_````(``@`!!) &`"@!```!````# ````,``# #````"P`/#@`````"`?\/
> M`0```$L`````````_at_2L?I+ZC$!F=;@#=`0]4`@````!S<&%C92UM87)I;F5
> M=',N=6UU+G-E`%--5% `<W!A8V4M;6%R:6YE0'1S+G5M=2YS90``'_at_`", $`
>
> <snip pages and pages more of this stuff that you'd probably
> rather not to have to scroll past to get to the rest of my
> message....... >

Is there any way you can turn off the option on your mail
server that sends this stuff? I assume that what I'm seeing
is the "translation" of some sort of attachment that your
server is automatically adding to the end of your posts.

There are about two other guys who send piles of gibberish
to my mbox everyday. Fortunately, yours is at least
readable around the gibberish and so doesn't end up going
straight to the trash as often.

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html
If you have questions about EPIC 40K and can't find the answers
in the rule books, send them to:
                    allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers.