RE: [Epic] Airstrip card/terrain idea

From: Bill Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 23:11:29 -0400

At 11:57 AM 8/8/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I'm sorry, I was originally on a fairly strict list that didn't like people
>who didn't snip. If you didn't, you got a private E-mail telling you to
>snip. Maybe I should do that from now on, maybe they'll think I'm a
>Johnson,
>and listen.
>
>Tyler
>
>Well, is <snip>ing really necessary? On my E-mail (MS Exchange), it shows
>by this symbol: > or >> or even >>> for a third generation which message
>is part of which. (Sorry if that thought train is difficult to follow; I
>lack the tech. terminology to make it more coherent.) It was the same when
>I was using Eudora.
>
> BTW, is there an actual sysop for this list?
>
>Nickles

Yes, because some people don't bother erasing the > when they type
>Like this
and it gets very confusing when a 3d gen comment is interrupted by a 2nd
gen, and you lose the train of thought for the third gen. (Actually, it
would be first gen interrupted by a second gen. 1st gen being the oldest.
Except for Gen 13, but we won't go there) Anyway, it shortens reading time,
downloading time, and makes thoughts clearer.
If the comment is obsolete it really should go, take for instance the topic
comment. Your most recent comment is what I am replying to, so why should
people re-read my message for the third time? Because I am making a point,
otherwise it would be gone (I'm most likely to snip my comments off because
I won't offend myself)

Tyler

<snip junk>