RE: [Epic] Veteran Marines -Reply

From: <CLL_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 15:30:22 +0000

Sender: owner-space-marine_at_...

>Hiya all,
>
> I would like your opinion on the following unit...
>
> Veteran Marines.....37pts
> consists of two vetaran units (veteran)
> mount in a rhino ....... +7pts
> mount in a LandRaider ....... +35 pts
>
> Veteran units get +1 to their firepower to indicate access to the best
>weapons available.
>
> Please let me know what you think.
>
> Cheers.

>Chris Pinson

-----> OK, you asked:
        Veterans in 40K don't have any additional weapons, so where does
this come from?

The prior suggestions about better BM removal and maybe a + to
leadership checks are more in line with vets from 40K (who have a slightly
better skill, and a better leadership #).
Not as flashy, but more appropriate.

Chris Miller

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Veteran (Marines) in 40K have the same squad make up as normal tactical
or (Blood Angels) assault squads, they have the same weapons but have a
higher Ballistic Skill (BS) or Weapons Skill (WS) which makes them more
likely to hit/ more likely to win a close combat. I would suggest that they be
better served by automatically recieving the Overwatch ability to represent
the higher BS and a reroll in close combat similar to that given by the force
commander, along with the remove D6 blast markers (rather than D6-1)
representing the higher leadership.
I'm not sure about a points cost though

Chris