Re: [Epic] Great Gargant

From: Bill Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 11:52:22 -0400

>Sauron1 writes;No that was not me.I built a maze of buildings that cover a
>3ftx8ft table,in some cases up to 3 feet high, for my sons to play
>Necromunda on. I set it up at a local hobby store and the store aranged for
>Gw staffers to run the game there. They took pictures and GW USA contactted
>me about a GW store set of pictures. But they offered no compensation for
>usage or effort to have me bring it to Toronto and set it up in there store
>so rthey could get Canadian coverage in the NorthAmerican issues of WD.
>sauron1

I'll give you $5 bucks compensation to move to Ottawa so your son can join
our league and we can use your table :)

Actually, my league is in desperate need of players. We had at one point 9
people who we knew well who wanted to play, so my friend (With a little help
from me) wrote a huge set of rules to allow for maps, and bargaining for
weapons, and actually making raids and stealing territories. But then one of
the players moved, and is now walking across Canada, speaking to teens about
drug abuse. (If you see him, his name is Brent, give him a hand, and tell
him that all the boys in Ottawa send out our love, but not the way Dan
would.) Another was the girlfriend of the Arbitrator, and she left because
she couldn't handle his comptetiveness. (You kinda have to let it slide, he
made a stupid move, got half his gang fried, and knows it was his fault.
Sure he'll lay the blame on others, but he does blame himself, and will get
over it, usually to win the game) Others just chickened out, so know we have
4 people including the arbitrator, and we need at least 9 for the size of
map we use. Grrr.

Tyler
I hope you aren't sending the ring poem every time, I read it enough around
here.