Re: [Epic] Painting the little guys

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 12:54:28 -0400 (EDT)

Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...> writes:
> > I noticed a habit of mine that helps me pick out detail
> > recently, and I wondered if anyone else did this. My primer is okay,
> > but seems to conceal small amounts of detail (I think bare plastic has
> > more visible shadows or something). Painting it and/or washing it
> > brings it back, so I think it's just the way light interacts with
> > primer. So when I paint a figure for the first time, I keep an
> I find primer brings out detail. Try using either the GW brand or the
> humbrol primers

I think I'm using Armory. It's not that priming it loses detail, it's
just that the white primer turns it into a uniform white, while the
plastic before used to have a bit of shadow. After painting it, the
detail returns, and gives better results than if I hadn't primed, but
during that intermediate stage, I can't see it as well.

Mark