RE: [Epic] Net Epic Gudelines

From: Andy Skinner <andy.skinner_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 97 08:34:00 EST

> > As far as the cards go, I think that pricing everything
> > in multiples of 50pts is a problem, and is part of the reason
> > some units are over/underpriced. 40k involves massive number
> > crunching, so why can't Epic players handle a point system in
> > multiples of 25? (or even 5?)
Just out of curiousity, is there a reason for the point
system to be in multiples of anything? For instance,
if you want what we have now, divide all the point values
by 50. Victory points in the same scale as current would
then be 1/2 point values. Why the extra 0s on the end?
Just because 4000 points sounds better than 800? If you
want results equivalent to current multiples of 25,
then divide current values by 25. 250 points is now 10.
Breakpoints are still half, so maybe point values as
even numbers would be useful--so multiply the current
point values by 2/25. With adjustment of victory points,
no reason why victory points couldn't be the same as
the army points.

Anyway, I was always curious why, if the values were always
multiples of 50, the point values weren't just divided by
50 to give resolution of 1 (or 2 so breakpoint don't have
to be rounded).

andy
andy.skinner_at_...