RE: [Epic] More painting of small details

From: Chris White <chris_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 08:43:27 -0700

>Sauron1 writes; Mark, can you get the English-Japanese translation of
>"S=
AURON1" to work. I have a new Bainlord Titan under construction and it
>nee=
ds a name. I tried the suggested service but it din not give me a name.
> =
        sauron1

Hmmm, my Mandarin was never my strong point. But the first thing=
 that came
to my mind was "Chao Ren", for Uber(super)-man. Pretty cool isn'=
t it ? But
this is from a guy who screw up his primary school Mandarin :(

=
Regards
Oki

        Mandarin is Chinese, Sauron1 is looking for Japanese. I haven=
't taken Japanese since elementary school, but I seem to remember there bei=
ng some differences.

        I think you may have some troubles finding a direct =
translation; the best you can probably hope for is a phonetic approximation=
. For instance, my name in class was "Kuh Re Su" (Chris), with the last syl=
lable almost swallowed it was so quiet.