Re: [Epic] Hello all from an ex-lurker

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 09:18:31 -0600

At 23:20 01/29/1997 -0800, you wrote:

>The worst factor that I have run into is the weird tendency for people to
always "do what is printed by GW (officially only, of course! and in such a
cheap magazine as well!)"- in no other game have I found such a fanatic
following for WYSIWYG game play

I've seen historical gamers that insist that every insignia in a unit is
correct, down to stuff like the shape and placement of belt buckles and
straps, and God forbid if the model's equipment does not match the
historical armament.

> and strict adherence to following unit guidelines as printed, even if they
don't make much sense. This is especially puzzling in that the Epic game as
printed has unit stats that are dirt simple to modify (no DS II pun
intended). Everyone think unit X sucks so much?

A lot of people make house rules. Like: Weirdoys fire as normal wepons (I'm
on a weirdboy Jyhad), movement is alternated by unit, or skimmers can end
movement over impassable terrain. The only problem is in tournaments and
such, when you get differing rules.

Temp