RE: [Epic] [EPIC] Veteran Marines.

From: Chris White <chris_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 11:58:43 -0700

        Wow,

        did I open up a can of worms with my original post on Veteran Mari=
nes? I think so.

        The idea came to mind when I was thinking about company =
formations. Most marine players know that the first company is the veteran =
company. Ideally the entire first company is outfitted with Terminator armo=
ur but this is not always the case. This company could be formed using Term=
inators and Tac marines but I wanted to add flavour.

        I appreciate all the=
 sugestions (plus the post questioning my sanity) and will let you know if =
I arrive at something playable.

        Cheers

---------------------------------=

Chris Pinson

        I sort of like=
d the idea of a +1 Assault without a range reduction to reflect better reso=
urces.

        How about this: ALL veterans get a Save to reflect the general tou=
ghness of them. Something has been keeping them alive longer than their fel=
low Marines...

        This also sort of fits with the general idea of Save; it i=
sn't always due to fancy hardware, sometimes it's just 'cause their cool.

=
        Pts.? - maybe 2-3 for the Assault (more like three if there's no range red=
uction) and 2-3 for the Save.

        Of course, when you go that far, there is v=
ery little difference from the Hero ability...

Nickles