[Epic] Weapon ranges

From: Tommy Roju <troju_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 15:15:34 +0200

> Basicly, they are marines with one less Ws(3 not 4) and one less
strength(3
> not 4, which doesn't matter in 40K 'cause weapons have their own
strenght)
> I forgett off hand, but I think they get the shaken and rapid fire rules
> also, have to check that though. Bascily, I'd make them marines with 1
less
> assault, although I think Tommy's idea is valid and correct also. Anyone
> notice that 15cm is supposed to be boltgun range, but marines and ork
have
> a 30cm range and marines get to rapid fire at 30cm. Try to figure this
out,
> then how come guardians don't have a 30cm range? This has always confused

> me.

The 'official' explanation is that the Marines and Orks are allowed to have
heavy weapons in their 'vanilla' squads and that the Guardians only have
Shuriken Catapults/Lasguns. This whould meen that to follow the WH40K rules
the marines should only be allowed to 'rapid fire' 15cm but that would be
unneccesery complex.

TR