Re: [Epic] cheese

From: Eric M. Siegel <e_siegel_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 10:08:29 -0600

Spatula wrote:

> > (although charging a FF termie is probably worse than charging
> > a troll - but heck my main problem is clearing them off objectives (a more
> > relevant point later).Howling banshees lose their scream (gotta love the 6+
> > save :) )
>
> Striking Scorpians will still puree them. Banshees
> are overrated anyway.

Banshees can be exceptionally good troops when used correctly.
They tend to be better for charging vehicles. The Eldar lack a
good, cheap CC troop that can take on +3, +4 troops and vehicles
with a savinbg throw. The scream may be based on "getting lucky"
with the dice, but +6 in consistant. Scorpions, which tend to
draw enemy fire like nothing else, aren't evry useful against
vechiles as a Land Raider can usually go toe-to-toe with them.

> Scott
> shupes_at_...

Eric Siegel