Re: [Epic] cheese

From: John A Chapman <jac_at_...>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 10:54:00 +1100 (EST)

> Banshees can be exceptionally good troops when used correctly.
> They tend to be better for charging vehicles. The Eldar lack a
> good, cheap CC troop that can take on +3, +4 troops and vehicles
> with a savinbg throw. The scream may be based on "getting lucky"
> with the dice, but +6 in consistant. Scorpions, which tend to
> draw enemy fire like nothing else, aren't evry useful against
> vechiles as a Land Raider can usually go toe-to-toe with them.

        I agree with whoever said wraithguard are usefulke for this role...And
against trolls (heck any chaos troop) high value , high quality troops are
vulnerable to certain chaos cards - suddenly you lose fairly expensive troops
and have nothing in return (although the tyranid acid blood is worse than
anything chaos has....my poor exarchs......:) ). And with scorpions vs trolls
even without a chaos card the trolls are likely to win by weight of numbers
( i suppose you should expect this considering the trolls cost more...) and
heck half of the dead ones are going to get back up anyway.......Banshees -
yeah their problem is you pay for an ability which only helps them against
troops which are in a world of hurt against them anyway. Stand for stand eldar
 does have some of the better CC troops, but all of them have flaws which are
easily exploitable and can often leave youy wondering why you paid so much for
 the unit (Scorpion squash a la Giblet Grinda anyone? :) ).
                                                        JAC