Re: [Epic] [EPIC] - Veterans

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 10:44:24 -0700 (PDT)

> +1 Ws (I think this is BS)
> Not much of an effect in epic terms. I don't think they can have devestator

There should be no effect, agreed.

> +1 Ld.
> They are marines, they're not going to run. Basicly this doesn't do much.
> Even normal marines never fail LD tests. Actaully, no-one failes LD in 40K.
> Any race can provide enough guys with good LD so that no model actually has
> to use their own value for LD tests. Again, with the shaken rules, does't
> do much.

I think the only bonus vets. should have is their leadership, they should
have D6 BMs removed every turn instead of D6-1, and possibly always count
them as having 15 or more units for the purpose of moving when supressed,
of course then heros and termies have to have this skill. Again, do the
marines need a new unstoppable unit?

> +1Ws.
> Not much effect here either. Id' give them a +1AF from this though. since
> they are all now the
> equivilent (about) of a hero level character in H-t-H(cept less attacks).
> Also they have access go
> good assault weapons to I think.
No, they are armed like tac marines...
Steve

--
When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of