RE: [Epic] Painting the little guys

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 09:29:55 -0500

>----------
>From:
>I've always felt the orks felt more like japanese, massed waves (banzai),
>modified vehicles, assault tactics.
>WWII comparisons IMHO...
>Imperial guard= Russians
>Eldar = British
>Marines = U.S.
>Orks = Japanese
>Chaos = Germans
>Tyrranids = Chinese Communists

-----> I think I could make a case for the IG being American as much as
Russian
(Lots of different tanks based on a few designs, major advantages in air
and especially
artillery, and their main "quality" in infantry was "quantity").
        The marines from a WW2 perspective could also be German:
High quality infantry, usually outnumbered by their opponents, decent
tanks but
usually fewer of them, etc.Highly mobile force with even infantry
mounted in
vehicles (mechanized/motorized).
(Ironically.I find armed halftracks in WW2 games are usually more useful
for shooting
things than Rhinos are in 40K/E40K games.)
        I'm not sure where the Eldar=British comes from, as Brits were known
more
for higher skill and morale than for their equipment. I'd almost go with
Squats for the Brits...

And OK, what is this Chinese=Tyranids thing? Where does that come from?

Chris Miller