RE: [Epic] WW2 analogies to Epic

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 16:35:40 -0500

>> > Marines = U.S.
>>
>> Only if you're American. Since the Marines are the best
>> trained and most well-equipped force in E40k (except the Eldar :),
>> people tend to attribute their own country to this.
>
>It is true, marines have no subtlety, but they lack numbers of the US force.
>I think US Army is more like planetary guard, and US Marines Are more SM.

----> So far this week we have comments that the Orks lack
subtlety/finesse compared to
Marines, and now we have comments that marines lack sublety.

So which is it?

I think the "subtlety/finesse" issue is phrased wrong - finesse is what
you make of
it. I would say IG is the triumph of quantity over quality, Marines are
Quality over
quantity, orks are close assault over ranged attacks, and (maybe) eldar
are range
over close assault . Not sure where Chaos & Nids fit into this, but
everyone seems to
feel that certain races are "easy to win with" and "no challenge", but
so far most
people differ on exactly what those races are.

What does everyone think - is any race broken? is any race a walkover?

Chris Miller