Re: [Epic] The Hobby

From: Sean A. Upchurch <sau_at_...>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 16:05:47 -0700 (PDT)

> I used the example of "Ogre" to try and narrow down the question:
> There's a boardgame, miniature game, and computer game of "Ogre", the
> Steve Jackson Giant robot tank game. Are they all part of the same
> hobby, or are they different?
>
> Chris Miller

The easy answer is they're the same game. I haven't personally played the
miniature game, but the computer game was essentially a direct translation
of the "pocket box" version of Ogre.

Oddly enough, I just found my copy of "The Ogre Book" last night! I had given
it up for gone months ago. Add in Bolos and there's a lot of background there.
Made me dig up my copies of Ogre, GEV, Shockwave, Ogre Reinforment Pack and
Battlesuit. Those were great little games!

Now if only I can find that e-mail about using Ogres in EPIC ...

Sean U