Re: [Epic] Battle report Adeptus Africanus

From: <Foggddm_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 22:24:13 -0400 (EDT)

The following was a transmission intercepted from an unknown source.....

To: Inquisitor Lord Tarren,
From: Chief Librarian Russell
Subject: Battle at Xaxas

My lord, I am happy to report that our marines performed ideally. The Eldar
were forced off the planet and Xaxas is secure. I have inluded an account of
the battle. I was fighting alongside and commanding Force Russell. Here is
my report on the battle...

A detachment of Eldar Jetbikes any Vipers roared across the battlefield
toward us. The whirlwinds of Force Russell turned to face them. The rest of
the Eldar army advanced steadily forward. The Eldar Phantom titan traversed
5th Avenue, completely ignoring cover. The Eldar around the Phantom took
cover behind buildings along 11th Street. The Eldar scouts hid inside a
building, ready to fire on any marines who moved too close. The marines of
Force Dennis moved forward to intercept the Eldar. The Eldar jetbikes
sacrificed their firepower for speed, a big gamble. But they stayed out of
our range. The other Eldar charged forward unexpectedly, moving ever closer
to firing range.
Soon after, Imperial Thunderbolts and Marauders swooped down and attacked the
Phantom, to no avail. The remaining fighters and bombers dropped out of the
sky long enough to kill 6 Eldar Jetbikes. The surviving Jetbikes attemped to
close with Force Russell, but we stayed sharp and held them away. The Eldar
Wave Serpents closed and lost 1 to incoming fire. One infantry unit inside
was killed, but the other escaped in time. Force Dennis moved toward the
Eldar Wave Serpents, preparing to attack. Force Russell backed up, but
keeping in range of the Eldar Jetbikes. We let loose on the enemy Jetbikes,
 destroying 2 in a massive volley of explosions. The Land Raiders of Force
Russel fired, killing an additional 6. The Terminators in Force Russell
killed none of the last 2 Vipers. The Eldar Wave Serpents fired on Force
Dennis, forcing them to take cover. The Fire Prisms attacked with ferocity,
destroying 2 Razorbacks, a rhino, the infantry inside the Rhino, and a Land
Speeder. Force Dennis returned fire, killing 6 infantry, 3 Wave Serpents,
and 4 Fire Prisms. The remaining forces in Force Dennis fired on the titan
with no effect. The Eldar dreadnoughts on the right flank attacked The Black
Knights, destroying 2 Predators. The scouts hiding in the building fired,
destroying nothing. The Land Raiders and 2 Dreadnoughts of the Black Knights
returned fire, killing 2 scouts inside the building. The Phantom fired its
Pulsars and Weapons battery, but only managed to kill 1 Land Raider. The
Jetbikes gambled on a firefight, and amazingly broke Force Russell, and
killing 1 Terminator squad. We we so suprised by their action, it caught us
unawares, and were forced to fall back. The Eldar engaged Force Dennis in a
firefight, destoying 1 bike unit, and forcing them to fall back also. The
Avatar, Exarchs, and Phantom advanced. The Scouts and Dreadnoughts advanced,
catching The Black Knights in a firefight, but the Black Knights held. One
scout was destroyed and the rest of the Eldar detachment fled.
Our marines rallied and braced themselves for an attack. Our Devastators
disembarked from their transports as they prepared to fight. The Eldar Wave
Serpents and Fire Prisms picked up troops and fled as far as possible. The
Avatar and Exarchs moved forward cautiously, Their Phantom moved up a little
further, still undamaged. The Eldar Dreadnoughts moved in to flank on the
right, but are stopped by a volley of fire. The Dreadnoughts destroyed 2
Land Raiders. The whirlwinds blasted 2 of the Exarchs, and the great Avatar
was gone after the smoke cleared. 2 of our Land Raiders of Force Russell
finished of the Vipers, and the others blasted the remaining Exarchs. 3 Land
Raiders fired on the Phantom, breaking the Holo-Field twice, damaging the
Left Wing and the Holo-Field. 4 Devastators, and 2 dreadnoughts of the Black
Knights finished it off resulting in a massive explosion. The remaining
Eldar retreated, and the day was won.
Eldar Casualties: 1 detachment of Jetbikes and Vipers, 4 exarchs, Avatar, and
Phantom, the rest retreating.
Imperial Casualties: Minimal, no detachments lost.

Well, my lord, I think you will be most pleased, I will be in touch.
Chief Librarian Russell