Re: [Epic] Slow

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 13:24:24 -0400 (EDT)

Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...> writes:
> Has anyone else noticed that there are not as many posts as there usualy is?

It fluctuates. Just wait for school to start back up.

> First thing, hmmm. What is everybodies opinion about bike basing rules?
> Right now I've only got the boxed set, so the bikes I have add up to two
> units with 2 bikes left over.

        Well, I used to have my bikes based 1 to a penny, back in Epic
2nd. It was supposed to be 2 to a penny, but I felt that one looked
fine. When E40k came out, I cut some pieces of plastic out to the
right size (I forget exactly), and discovered that 2 pennies fit
pretty tightly to a new base. So, I took some Elmer's glue (PVA), and
stuck two of my bikes onto the new bases. It worked reasonably well,
and I should probably reflock at some point in the future.

        One bike on the new bases would be *really* sparse, and would
be too cheap for even me to do. Besides, I've got 3x as many Jetbikes
as I do Vypers, so it's not like I've got an extreme Jetbike shortage.
I'd estimate that I've got about a hundred of the things.

> life and death for the Imperium. Since we are on the topic of whether or not
> to allow un-painted armies to play, what about proxies. You know, the guys
> who has a few orks painted up in his Marine colours subing in as some other
> unit

        For me, it's the same thing as un-painted armies. I'd prefer
to play a painted army (who wouldn't?), but have no problems playing
an unpainted army, or a proxied army. All I ask is that unless you've
got a severe problem painting up your troops (nerve damage to the
hands comes to mind), I'd really appreciate it if there are a couple
more painted models on the board than there were the last time I
played you. Arctic camo jokes only go so far. I'd also ask that you
pick something vaguely representative if you're going to proxy. (Yes,
a largish cardboard counter labelled "Reaver Titan" is representative.
But a Dreadnaught isn't, unless it's a WH40k Dreadnaught.)

        My local store would probably be getting quite annoyed with
me, except I buy about 2 comic books a month, and purchase about 1/2
of the Shadowrun books that are released. I hardly by minis any more,
except good deals on secondhand minis.

Mark