Re: [Epic] Slow

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 14:30:40 -0500

> Tyler Provick wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone else noticed that there are not as many posts as there usualy is?
> > It's like the list is deserted or something.
>
> This is prime vacation season (at least it is in this
> hemisphere). Also, people are moving around, going back to
> school, etc. Traffic should pick up in a few weeks.
>
> > First thing, hmmm. What is everybodies opinion about bike basing rules?
> > Right now I've only got the boxed set, so the bikes I have add up to two
> > units with 2 bikes left over.
I'm still wondering what to do about this. When I first got E40K,
I assumed I was going to stick to the square bases. Then I convinced
myself that the infantry really look good on the long ones (unless
they're going through a narrow opening sideways), so I'm gluing to
those instead. (My old infantry wasn't so well painted, so I'm
not rebasing, just starting over.) But I still assumed I'd use
2 bikes per base. I suppose I'm still leaning that way, but the
stats they're given are supposed to be more believable if they
represent 3 bikes. However, I think they'd look much cooler as
individual models. Seeing those Eldar Jetbikes crossing the terrain
in an irregular pattern would look really neat, I think. I wouldn't
necessarily use a lot more bikes than I would stands of bikes
(probably a little more, since I'd have more available), so it
shouldn't be more fussy than using stands. But now the stats for
3 bikes are being represented by a single one. Plus, we've talked
about differences in how you can pack models in cover or fit them
under a barrage marker. So I probably won't do this, but I'd like
to. (I could use little pieces of thread to connect 3 together, and
thus have them near each other but in a neat pattern. But they
would definitely be fussier to move.

andy
askinner_at_...