Re: [Epic] Slow

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 22:24:23 -0700

Tyler Provick wrote:

> First thing, hmmm. What is everybodies opinion about bike basing rules?

3 to a base provide a very nice visual effect, far better than the old
2-to-a-square base ones.

> Since we are on the topic of whether or not
> to allow un-painted armies to play, what about proxies. You know, the guys
> who has a few orks painted up in his Marine colours subing in as some other
> unit

Wouldn't do it, myself. A few Ork figurines amongst the Imperial Guard
as
"Bloodaxe recruits" would be fine though, would add a bit of colour.

> So, really, if you were in a situation where you and a friend wanted to play
> a game using troops neither of you had, would you proxie

Of course.

My attitude towards painting etc is:
1) I never use unpainted minis. I have used partially-painted ones (like
3 of 5 coats). Yes, this means, forex, that I can't use more than 3 of
my 21 Death Ray Speedstas at the moment, Quelle Bummer.

2) I don't mind opponents using unpainted minis, but prefer them to use
painted ones. So much so that if they haven't the time to paint them, I
volunteer to at least give them a serviceable paint job. Even if it's
just a quick dark-ink wash over grey plastic.

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo