RE: [Epic] Orks with LandRaiders

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 15:51:46 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 22 Aug 1997, Miller, Chris wrote:

> > If this is the real reason for wanting LRs, then I'd
> >say sure, for double the points. If he then says he doesn't
> >want them at that price, then you have a good idea at what his
> >intentions were for wanting them in the first place.
> >
> >Scott
> >shupes_at_...
>
> ----> Yeah, I think the doubled points is the true test of "flavor" vs
> "munchkin" but I still am pretty narrow on messing with the army lists.
> Each army has a "style" with certain bonuses and penalties regarding
> certain types of units, and if you start giving orks AT shots etc, and
> generally mixing lists, the armies become much less distinctive than
> they were.

in E40k the Orks got a LOT less distinctive than in SM/TL

lets see... all ork heavy vehicles(except b.fortress) are now
battlewagons!

with that reasoning, the marines should have 5 vehicles

bike
speeder
rhino without guns
rhino with big guns
Land Raider

yuck.

the more different types, the better. just no more special rules.

are you really that worried if an ork player uses LR, all is lost?

mike