Re: [Epic] Orks with LandRaiders

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 14:01:42 -0700

Mark A Shieh wrote:

> It's just that the Orks really appeal to the kitbasher in me.

Ditto. Somewheres on the web (I've temporarily misplaced the URL) there
are some fairly crappy photos of large quantities of my Ork Battlewagons
that have been converted. I have over 70 different ones, no two the
same, plus another 50 or so duplicates.

There are a number of particularly neat conversions:

Take an old (wheeled) Battlewagon, shave off the top as far as the
engine, and glue a BoneBreaka turret on. Looks excellent.

Take a Rhino, add (wheeled) Battlewagon turret on, plus the Deathroller
on the front. Excellent Blood Axe Rhino (use Battlewagon stats)

Take an old-style Landraider, cut off the Lascannon. Fashion a number
of spikey bits out of sprue and glue them on the side. Add a
BoneBreaker turret on top. Finally, take an old wheeled battlewagon,cut
off the leading 1/3 of it. Remove the wheels. shave it so it fits on the
front of the LR. Voila, instant Chaos LR.

I really must get a web page, so I can post some of the convsersions and
give .jpeg examples near them...

Oh yes, Stompa Main guns make excellent shooty weapons when glued on
(with associated crew) onto a battlewagon.
--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo