Re: [Epic] Battle Report

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 22:13:37 -0400

>Congrats on your first win, but you definitely have to find a more
>experienced opponent. :-)
>
>Regards,
>
>- Erik

I plan to Erik. Still, I don't think it mattered that Whirlwinds don't get
to double their firepower, I managed to get 5 in each shot anyways (And even
when I did, it wasn't certain that I would do damage, I managed to fail to
hit with one barrage. The others, they were on overwatch. But I tell you, 30
Firepower is a nice thing. I wouldn't want to see what would have happened
if I had used the whole detachment at once! I think I made a few mistakes,
like forgeting that my Assault units couldn't hit the ork units from where
they were. (I forgot the 15 cm range for Assault troops)

Oh, and bikes suck. I'm going to buy enough bike to legally fill out my
Recon detachment. But still, 15 cm range, 2 assault, 1 firepower. The only
thing I can see them being really good for is taking out Titans that don't
have many "All round" fire archs. 35 cm movement should be able to get
behing anything. I guess I'll have to take a look at EoV's. If they're like
the Baneblade, war engines but no 360 fire archs, then they would be good
for getting them. Also, for artillery or fire support units, attacking from
the back.

It's a shame they don't have flanking rules, since everyone is arranged in
nice lines for you anyways.

Tyler