RE: [Epic] Dune Epic 40K units

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 10:30:36 -0500

>> ----> i'm not a huge Dune fan, but I think a vortex missile would go
>> down quite
>> nicely. Super lifta droppa might do nice too
>> "Bad Worm! Bad Worm! <slam slam slam>"
>
>Ummmm... I don't think you have any idea of how big this thing is. About
>half-a-metre long in Epic Scale (and that's just the bit that protrudes
>from the ground). I think it has enough damage points not to worry about
>the SLD. Like, an estimated 5-10,000 or so.

---->Well for the SLD I was speculating on using a worm to spank the
rest of the army, and if you think the orks couldn't build one big
enough,
I'm inclined to disagree - their ships supposedly use force bubbles and
traktor beams to travel, so...

And the Vortex missile should still hurt -<slurrrrrrp> especially the
SM/TL
version where anything withou void shields was sucked into the warp -
no damage numbers, just gone.

I sense a "Dune stuff is better" opinion on that end, and that's fine,
but the background and units of the two don't mix that well unless
you concede that there are some weaknesses on both sides. Sure,
the worms were really nasty in Dune. Fine. In the 40K universe,
there a big target with no ranged attacks which are restricted to a
single planet. Against an Ork invasion, they're great. Against
the Eldar, Chaos, or a stand-off virus bombing by people who
don't give a damn about any "spice", they ain't much...

Chris Miller