RE: [Epic] Orks with LandRaiders

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 11:31:15 -0500

-----> Absolutely 100% true

>lets see... all ork heavy vehicles(except b.fortress) are now
>battlewagons!
>
>with that reasoning, the marines should have 5 vehicles
>
>bike
>speeder
>rhino without guns
>rhino with big guns
>Land Raider
>
>yuck.
>
>the more different types, the better. just no more special rules.

-----> Not sure I agree with this, but I'm open
I could see an assault oriented unit, a shooty unit, and an AT unit...

>are you really that worried if an ork player uses LR, all is lost?

------> No, but the players who want to take these usually want to take
a lot, and IMO if you want to play with a lot of LR's then perhaps
you should take the marines and let someone else play orks.

Also, using the Blood Axe opening, why stop at LR's? Why can't I
>have T-hawks?

BTW I do play Orks, though I haven't played as much E40K as I would like
(my group is resistant to change a bit) but I haven't seen that they are
unplayable without LR's. The problem is that many people want to make
the army fit their favorite tactics, rather than choosing tactics to fit
the
army. AT shots are often used with a "park & shoot" type army which
marines are very very good at(stubborn, rapid fire, high armor value),
but
 orks are really not that type of army - they are much more of an
assault
 type army (cheap transport, skarboyz, nobz), and trying to alter that
is
 very difficult without altering army lists, which gets us here...
        Rather than altering the list for an army, why not play the army
which better fits your style of play? Everyone gets Orks and Marines in
the box, and those two armies can cover most of the styles out there.

Chris Miller