RE: [Epic] Orks with LandRaiders

From: Ken Taborek <oberon_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 06:50:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 25 Aug 1997, Timothy J. Kilgore wrote:

[actually, lots of people wrote:]

> > Especially if you consider that with only minor fiddling, these forces can
> >fight each other if you have one army being played by most of the players
> >in a group.
> >
> > For example, Orks fight each other constantly over supremacy (or just
> >teeth). Competeing Warbands are a common sight on Ork worlds.
> >
> > Space Marines can fight each other if you set the action during the early
> >Horus Heresy. Just look at the Chaos section and limit your vehicle choices
> >to those available to Chaos Marines for both sides and away you go. No
> >demons, no Demon Engines, no Razorbacks or Whirlwinds (post Heresy
> >adaptations of the Rhino template [what's the fluff term? STP?]), etc.
> >

> Actually its only in this new rendition do SM seem not to fight against
> eachother by saying things in the background fluff about the dark angels
> and space wolves have come to full war on one occasion. But if you go back
> to compilation and compendium days tthats when you had them fighting
> eachother all the time with posty heresy equipment. If you prefer the new
> background, I prefer older background, the marines are merely participating
> in training exercises. no one is actually killed

I'm pretty sure that I've read that the DA and SW have swapped some gem
mine asteroid 7 times, or somesuch. Also, Imperial guard units can fight
each other and still both be loyal to the Imperium on the premise that it
is a local battle between two planetary governers. And, in Epic(2) Squats
could fight each other and Imperial units and they called it a "trade
disagreement". In other words, they made up justifications for any two
forces to fight each other, so that if me and my buddy both have the same
army, we can still duke it out.

So, fight all you want, we'll conscript more. ;-)

--Ken Taborek oberon_at_...
"Show respect for age. Drink good Scotch for a change."- random fortune