Re: [Epic] Hello all from an ex-lurker

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 20:17:32 -0600

> Another thing about
> shields that always stumped me is that close combat avoids shields - you can
> fire a tacnuke at the Titan and have it bounce of the shields (ID4 style)
> but a Grot armed with a pointy stick can simply walk up to it and start
> beating on it. The Grot always gets 9 colours of s**t beaten out of him, but
> that isnt the point.

You know, I kind of like the simplicity of the Dune approach to all this:
If you fire an energy weapon at a shield, both the firing model and the
target model explode with the force of a nuclear warhead. (i.e. pick
up all your models on the table top and go home.)

I'm surprised GW hasn't made this a rule. It would definitely encourage
close combat!

Allen (The EPIC Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/EPIC.html
If you have EPIC questions, send them to: allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Andy Chambers and Jervis Johnson.
Send all other correspondance to: allen_at_...