Re: [Epic] Dune Epic 40K units

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 10:30:04 -0400

At 10:22 PM 8/25/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Sauron1 writes; I must admit first to only reading the first novel. But the
>movie puzzles me. The opening first part was read by a young princes of the
>royal house. Who was she and what happened to her? Also the Austreopaths
>were warped by the spice they used,and first developed oversized craniums,
>the early 25mm 40k Austiopath figures had the same head enlargements,
>coincidence? sauron1

She married Paul

She was the Emperors daughter who in the book gets married to Paul so he can
become Emperor. He does not love her, instead he loves Chani, who is his
concubine, kinda like his father, who sired Paul through a concubine who he
would not marry in case he needed to marry politically. Irulan (The
princess) both loves Paul (In the end) and plots to kill him.

In the movie, she's basically a narrator.

Other things not in the movie or books.

Waning Moduals(Not spelt right) where the heck did they come from.
Jamis and his wife, In the book, the first man Paul kills. He gain
"possesion" of the wife, and retains here throughout the series as a nanny
for his children.
The Baron is a child molester. Too nasty for the movie (Though he drinks
blood in the movie)
The Baron is so overweight that he needs his suspensors to walk, but he
cannot float, it merely keeps the weight off his legs.
The Baron is the father of Jessica, which makes him Paul's Grandfather. I
don't think they show this in the movie.

Tyler