Re: [Epic] Orky Question...

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 13:20:16 -0400 (EDT)

csalvato_at_... writes:
> Okay, Mekboy speedstas:
> Listed in Units Summary as having FP=1. However, these units can be upgraded
> include a Death Ray or Lifta-Droppa. Here's the question: Does the Speedsta
> retain the 1 FP in addition to the super heavy weapon upgrade?
>
> Look in the army list? Well, it says "Extra Cost to: upgrade to
> include Death Ray...+22 points"
> SSame for a lifta droppa. This implies that the firepower remains.

        I saw no such implication when I read it. It sounds to me
that the gun that provides the firepower has been upgraded. No
additional weaponry, just the gun that is already there is now bigger.
I can see where you're coming from, but that's not how I define an
upgrade. I call that an additional weapon.
        However, GW is well known for not stating rules clearly, and
we've discussed this already without coming to a conclusion, so I
think it's probably in the Q&A we're going to get back soon.

> and what does it add in a Firefight? 1 or 2?

A Death Ray/Lifta Droppa adds one in a Firefight. FP adds one per
point in a firefight. So if you had multiple weaponry, which is
generally seen only on war engines, then you would add them together
and contribute 2 to a firefight.

Mark