RE: [Epic] Orks with LandRaiders

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 00:48:37 PDT

You wrote :

>somehow 75% of all ork vehicles = battlewagons says to me
>"less flavor"
>
>I miss madboyz as much as I miss kustom kannon speedstas, or squats,
>or the knight worlds even.
>
>again, "less flavor"

You can find some knight and squat army list quite easily now...
My condollences for the madboyz and other kustom kannon speedstas.
There is one hope, why don't you try to find some Epic 40k rules for
theses units?

>but my main point is that the TL rulebook gave a much better
>impression
>of GWs game of future warfare than the little books of E40k to a
>newbie.
>again, more fluff, more flavor.
>
>even 40k players gain insight by reading the fluff sections with
>the ork gods rising from their slumber, start of the waa-ork

I understand your point of view Mike but you forgot something. Titaln
Legion is not the first box of the Epic 2nd Edition, and it's normal
that you can find a lot of fluff in it.
If you compare the Space Marine book of rules with the three books of
Epic 40k, you can say that the fluff/pictures/advice of Epic 40k are
better. Wait a few months and you will have new extensions for our
game and with them you will find a lot of fluff.

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

                  Lord's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/